Wednesday, March 2, 2011

there's a time for everything...even sleep!

Yesterday was total chaos, we babysat the kids cousins so between my kids, those two boys, the neighbor cousins, and "The neighbor kid who never goes home" (also known as Bradley) I had 8 kids running in and out all afternoon. My nephew is 2 years old, I swear he is the funniest kid ever. I could just follow him around all day and watch him play.  Last week I asked him if he had to go potty and he told me "No, I fawted". You can drive him 2 blocks and by the time you turn around to look at him in his carseat, he's got one shoe off, hat mittens off, juice cup on the floor, etc. Last night we were standing in the kitchen all all of a sudden this 220 count box of Pampers he got out of the baby's room came flying down the stairs. (actually, it didn't even touch the stairs, he got air on it!) He has quite the arm on him.
Eric got a letter home from school today stating that Little Chute is considering moving all the fifth graders to their middle school next year. I'm sure Douchebag Governor Walker and his budget cuts might have something to do with that. I was thinking that it was going to be so great for all three of them to be in the same school next year with their bunch of cousins and friends, so its going to be interesting to see what happens. He's good at making friends, but I'm not sure if maturity-wise he's ready for being with all those older kids. Or maybe I'M the one who isn't ready for dealing with it lol. All those "bad influence" kids- like the ones who walked by last week and decided to steal a bike out of our garage. I was hopping in the suburban ready to zoom around the block, bitch them out (ooohhh here comes big scary pregnant lady lol) and get that bike back, but the kid must have gotten scared cuz he sent his 6 year old brother back with the bike. Good choice, kid, I found out where you live! Another reason, Adam reminded me 100 times, why we should just move to upper michigan in the middle of nowhere and get out of the city. (NOT. past Green Bay there is not a Target store in sight in the entire upper peninsula. I cannot live without Target!)
Today was also the trip to Berlin for my great-grandma's funeral. It was made easier by being able to accept the fact that she really did have a long, full, happy life, and I know it was her time to go. Unfortunately we have lost an alarming number of our loved ones this year,  with each it never gets easier you just know they are in that "good place" watching over us and our children.  On a funny note, I didn't make it to the bathroom before going into the church to sit down because we were waiting in the line to go in, and I had to pee soooooo bad the entire service, and I think Mabel could hear the church organ or bells or something, because she kicked me in the bladder the whole time. I had to wait til communion when everyone else was standing so I wouldn't be walking out in the middle of the service, and by that time I could hardly walk lol.
Adam left to go back to Michigan tonight, it sucks that it seems like we hardly got to even spend much time with him in the last few days with everything going on. Its been such a crazy week, my ad/coupon pile from the sunday paper is still sitting there beckoning me. I think I might actually be looking forward to staying home and doing laundry all day tomorrow. The good thing is, I hope staying busy is going to make this 9 weeks fly by until Mabel gets here...

No comments:

Post a Comment