Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A lot of ramblings

       For some reason I keep thinking tomorrow is thursday, like I want to skip right over wednesday. (I don't know WHY, holly has girlscouts and dance class both thursday afternoon, it will be another mad dash back across town five times in 2 hours.)         
   Doctor visit yesterday shows Mabel is growing right on schedule. Like, exactly, to the DAY, it's been that way the whole 32 weeks, kindof strange. Never a week behind or a little ahead or anything, even the estimated due date on the ultrasound back in December was exact to the day. I don't know if that's good or bad. Maybe she will turn out to be the best behaved out of the bunch lol. (a mom can dream, huh....) Or else make up for it by turning into the devil child later on. I'm pretty sure all the other kids were a little ahead, because they were all over 8 lbs, so maybe she will turn out to be the smallest. (again, a mom can dream lol)  I even looked up the way she is laying (with her back to my left and her feet up in my right side), and she is in "optimal" fetal position, which is the exact best position you want your baby to be in before they are born. Unfortunately it means she is headbutting me in a baaaad spot and I am starting to walk like a 100 year old lady. I might need a wheelchair to make it to my baby shower this weekend. (Baby shower?! It's my fourth kid,  I don't really deserve one, I feel pretty spoiled!) We were supposed to go rollerskating tonight for the kids school, but thankfully they didn't throw too much of a fit when I suggested skipping it. Jake's idea of "rollerskating" is hanging onto me while I walk him back and forth on the carpeted practice area, so I think it would have ended in disaster.  
Had an IEP conference with Holly's teachers and principal yesterday, since she will be switching schools next year she had to be reevaluated to see if she still needs speech therapy in the new district. It went awesome, Adam and I were both really impressed with how much progress she has made. Her reading skills are amazing,  and she is way ahead of most of the other kids in her class. Unfortunately she is still really quiet in class, which baffles me because she is NOT quiet at home ever! What's really funny is that she writes the way she talks, like she will write "gowl" for girl, because that is the way it sounds to her... I have always had some concerns about her hearing, because sometimes you don't know if she is really not hearing you, or "selectively" listening, but she's had it tested twice and passed both times. This was kindof like deja vu for me with the hearing problems. When Eric was in preschool he was very quiet also. Well then he failed a hearing test and it turned out he had fluid in his ears and they were completely blocked. I felt guilty for a long time- my kid couldn't hear and I didn't even know it. (The principal made me feel better yesterday though, she said "Don't worry about it, my son was half-blind in fourth grade and needed glasses and I didn't know it either." )
            I am really on the edge of the proverbial "hormonal cliff" the last couple days, like there is all this stuff I need to do before this kid gets here and I don't know how I am ever going to get it done. I find myself worrying about dumb things like how I should really rearrange the laundry room, and how I should get all the stuff for the easter baskets NOW so that I am not running around doing it in 6 weeks, and how um....this baby does not yet have any clothes or bottles!?, and worrying that people are going to want to come and visit and by the time I get home from the hospital the house is going to be trashed by my 3 kids and hubbo who don't know how to put anything away. Oh yeah, and who is going to do the grocery shopping while I am incapacitated?! Cuz Adam will NOT use coupons!? Have to make sure we have enough toilet paper, toothpaste, lunchbox snacks, laundry soap....(I think I'm going a little neurotic.) I know I should probably just cry it out and get it over with, or else it's going to hit me at a really bad time, like standing in the grocery store line reading some sad story in a magazine....(I am staying away from General Hospital this week for sure then, poor little son of Jason Morgan!!!!!!!)           
           
           

No comments:

Post a Comment