Friday, March 18, 2011

Rummage Sale Sign!

Saw the first rummage sale sign of the year yesterday!!!!!! I was so excited, Eric was groaning on the seat next to me. I think I dragged him to too many when he was little, now he hates them lol.  The other two get all into it, and in the summer when we are driving around they are always yelling out "rummage sale sign!" Whoo-hoo I love me some rummage sales, and it's a good thing the "season" is approaching, by this time the kids have no jeans without holes, all the snowpants (even the extras) are worn to threads, the mittens are dissapearing, etc. I swear I have had to buy Eric jeans at least four times this winter, you would think he gives them away or something?! Thank god for Savers, can usually get almost brand new ones on thurs/or fri for about 3.00 when they have the "tag" sales, or we go to the used kids clothes store out by the mall, or the outlet mall in O. Kids clothes are the hugest money-sucking waste ever when you have three kids (yes even the girl) who want to roll  in the mud, ride their bikes (lovely, you can tell when they have been in the mud on their bikes because they come in with a "mud stripe" up the back of their coats.), tromp around in the woods, and rub their knees in the grass.  I plan on trying to "outfit" all four of them this summer with enough clothes to last through all of next winter, so you can bet as soon as I am able after Mabel gets here we will be hitting the friday morning rummage sale circuit!
         Holly is really excited because she finally grew enough this winter to ride the bike she got last year in July for her birthday. She could ride it last summer but it was just a little too tall for her to get on and off without falling. I will never forget when we went camping in DC and went down by Lake Michigan to watch the sunset and she rode that bike off a ledge into the bushes in front of about 100 people. (the same kid who crashed her sled into the trees lol). Oh lord did she scream and Eric and I could not stop laughing. I still laugh about it, because Eric "wrote" about it in school this year. He brings home a nice little book called "The day my sister rode her bike off a cliff"...Well the bike stayed in the garage for the rest of the fall after that. All three of the kids are big into their bikes, I think last count we have 7 ? bikes in the garage for 3 kids, but really which are you going to get rid of?  If I was not gigantically preggo we would already be out on the trails for the year, I will really miss doing that for awhile.  Last year was the first year J and H could actually ride on their own instead of in the trailer. Our longest ride we went 4 miles, which is a LOT for Jake and his short legs, but he made it! (Actually I didn't mean for us to go that far, but they kept going and going....)
         I found a ton of good deals on the internet this morning, I swear I have already recouped the cost of this computer just by shopping online! Somehow in my shutterfly account, I have 125 free prints and a 20.00 off credit, so I got 75 of the free pics and only paid 4.00 for shipping, but it seems like kindof a pain, I would almost rather go to walgreens and stick my sd card in the machine. On the medco website, I got three bottles of Nexxus hair gel for 4.00 ( yeah, these are usually 11.00 apiece...) On amazon I got Mabel a Sophie the Giraffe teether (okay, these rubber things are supposed to be like the "must have" for all babies, kindof funny. If I didn't have the code I wouldnt have got it.) and a Jeep backpack harness, and both of those things only costed 4something total. Gotta love that amazon mom deal and those babytalk magazines! Babytalk and Parenting, which you can pick up for free at the dr, or Babies R Us, have 10.00 off amazon codes in them every month. I think maybe you are supposed to only use one, but so far it has let me put in five this month :p hellloooo cheap diapers and wipes~! Oh yeah, and then there was my 6 bottles of dishsoap I got for 10.00 (Seventh generation, "baby bottle safe".) yes, I am on a roll for the week, all that stuff was only 28.00 or so total....

favorite bargain websites:   www.amazon.com/mom  gotta  do the subscribe and save stuff, you just go back and "cancel" your subscription after your stuff arrives.)
                                          http://www.myfrugaladventures.com/ (amazeballs, my favorite by far!)
                                          http://www.allyou.com/ (pick up the magazine at walmart, they have like 100.00 worth of manufacturer's coupons every month.)

Also in the area, for sure check out the Clothes Mentor store by the mall, I was there for the first time yesterday and they have tons of really nice name brand stuff (even maternity) and TONS of shoes and purses, and it is not at all expensive, I was pleasantly surprised. 

Happy Bargain hunting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment