Sunday, March 13, 2011

I need a massage, a maid, and a beer

Today was the Big Raffle Day. Needless to say we didn't win 10,000. (sheesh, even a 100.00 prize would have been nice.) but the winning ticket was sold like 7 after Adam's, so when the guy said 32...9, aw really? His was 322. I was sure we were going to be going to Disney World this week :) I did get to have a free sandwich and sit there and make friends with a bunch of old people.  The lady next to me fed her husband a piece of cheese off her plate, it was endearingly cute. I did NOT get to take advantage of the free beer, however.  Funny I have never really even liked beer and now that I'm knocked up and I can't have one, I WANT ONE! Will have to settle for my orange juice/sprite pregnancy fake mimosas.
When we got home Eric immediately wanted to ride his bike to the store since the sun was shining. (He really cannot sit still for very long.) Well I asked him to get me some sprite and orange juice and he came back with the biggest, most giant gallon of orange juice I have ever seen in his backpack. It was so heavy, I don't know how he ever carried it home, I could not stop laughing.  You can tell the kids have had a long wkend, with their friends being here friday night and being at grandma's last night, Holly is soooooo crabby, and it doesn't help that one of the neighbor kids pushed her down in the mud a short while ago.  (Then he told her he was going to punch ME in the face, and she got really upset. I said "Holly, who is bigger? What do you think is gonna happen if a 5 yr old punches a mom in the face?" and she felt better. I think that kid prolly had a long wkend too.) So nice that it's almost six o clock and still light out, but man our front yard looks like a mud race track on the edges of the driveway, every time I turn around they are slogging their boots through the mud, poking sticks and shovels and bottles and anything they can find into the stinkin mudhole and then dragging it into my laundry room. They are also all a little cranky cuz Dad usually comes home on sunday nights and he won't be home until tomorrow morning.
          Tomorrow all the kids back to school, but I have a doctor's appt in the morning and a teacher conference right after lunch (cutting it a little close on time in between!) and a husband who won't have gotten any sleep if he works til 7 am and spends 2 hrs driving home. And the condition of the house still isn't "recovered" from the weekend. (Actually I don't think I am recovered yet for the wkends. Tramping through the woods with 5 kids and a giant preggo belly- NOT SMART) Damn, and here I was going to convince him to use some of that 10 grand to hire Merry Maids....

No comments:

Post a Comment