Monday, February 28, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

What a long and crrrrrazy day....
Jake and his cousins didn't have school today, and of course Eric and Holly being in a different school district, they still had class so they were not too happy. This has happened a lot this year, it will be the worst in a few weeks when Jake has spring break for an entire week and Eric & Holly still have to go. I will be glad next fall when they are all in the same school, at least for that one year, and only a few blocks away not all the way acrossed town. 
 We went to look at a more fuel-efficient car for Adam and it was a ridiculous waste of time. I wasn't too happy with the salesman who was very insistent we fork over a giant down payment, sign the papers, and drive the car off the lot before we even discussed it privately or thought about it. And I was sooooo hungry, we had talked about fitting in time to go to Red Lobster for lunch before we had to pick up Jake, and all I could think about the entire time this guy was giving his car-selling schpeil was lobster nachos. (I guess Mabel could read my thoughts, because we're sitting there and my belly was jumping all over the place...)            The kids had a lot of fun learning how to shoot a pellet gun in the garage with adam while I was off bargain hunting at the grocery store, and by the time we got down putting some brats and chicken on the charcoal grill for supper, it was suddenly  8:00. Usually I like to have the kids settled in and relaxing for the night by 7:30, but things tend to get a little crazy when dad is home...  
         Thank god it's "Castle" night at least. We're not much for tv in the house, but it's my one can't-miss show every week! I hope Beckett and Castle make it out of that freezer...

No comments:

Post a Comment