Sunday, March 20, 2011

awwwww Mabel! hurry up and get here!

Gosh, yesterday was the most amazing day ever.  I am so unbelievably grateful for everyone was a part of it!
One of my friends decided quite awhile ago that she was going to throw me a baby shower, even though at first I felt kind of funny about it since it's #4, but everyone seemed to think it was a great idea. It's been 5 years since we had our last "baby" in the house, and I was the first one of my friends, family etc to start having kids so I pretty much gave everything away to other people. Well she went way above and beyond planning everything, it was such a fun, perfect day, much more than I could possibly ask for or probably even deserved.
                Having all my family there and having all my friends from different "corners" who would likely never have met otherwise in one place was really neat. We've all been so busy this winter that I've hardly seen any of them. I miss just hanging out and reminiscing about all the stupid stuff we did, we could have sat there and done it all afternoon. (Really? Everyone should jump in a car with their best friend and drive to another state with the sole purpose of eating pizza at least one time in their life.) You should always be able to act silly with your best friends, no matter how old you are!
             And Mabel got SO much stuff, I was kindof overwhelmed. Every outfit was so damn cute, and there's so much "new" baby gear out now even in 5 years. She even got a pillowcase that says Mabel on it, omg that was the most hilarious, cutest thing ever. She has been branded with the Mabel nickname for life now...I did really good not bawling like a baby (even though I wanted to about 10 times) until I opened this card Holly wrote on the present she picked out that said "Welcome to our Family, I love you Love Holly". I will treasure that forever. I never had a sister and even though I love all my little bros, it was always the one thing I really really wanted that I inevitably would never have. If Mabel would have been a "Dalton", I would have loved him just as much but I def would have had to deal with a little dissapointment, because I really wanted it to be a girl for Holly. Eric and Jake have each other, I wanted her to have someone too.  I know for sure our family will be complete now, 2 boys 2 girls they each have a brother and a sister, no need for ANY MORE haha!
              I had my little bro watch the boys while I was at the shower and they had a lot of fun. I can tell exactly everything they did all afternoon because there is a "mud" trail from the back door all the way through the kitchen and out to the garage, worms in one of my good tupperware containers, pizza oven out of the basement (hmmm must be erics idea cuz I usually throw the pizza in the oven) and one stray neighbor kid whose mom was looking all over for him. (Not THAT one lol, this one lived next door a few streets over at our old place and once in awhile he wanders over) They rode their bikes to the park too I guess, 2 times. SO nice that the kids can be outside again, it's been a long winter! Don't know if I ever mentioned it, but my kids don't really watch tv. They do have tvs in their rooms for watching movies (I don't even know how that happened, we kindof "inherited" them, and I really didn't like it for awhile) and those are only allowed to be on "overnight" on the weekends. This is a big rule of mine and they always try to get dad to break it, but if you let Holly fall asleep watching a movie, she will be awake til midnight! They also have a video game system but the only network tv in the house is in our room, and really it only goes on after about 7 or so at night or on a weekend morning for cartoons. We never purposely did this, it just worked out that way and they have grown so used to it that they prefer to do other things and play outside. I'm glad, they know who Justin Bieber and Hannah Montana is but I don't have to worry about them getting "BIEBER FEVER", omg! And I think paying for tv is about the stupidest waste of money ever, we've got a newer hdtv but it's still got the "rabbit ears" on it and it works just fine. (Adam has free cable at the man shack, and even he says it's overrated. He lays in bed and watches Teen Mom because there is nothing else on lol) 
            Today the kids are gone for awhile, so I plan on enjoying the peace and quiet while I find a place for all Mabel's "stuff", read the paper (hello sunday coupon day!), and wait for Adam to get home. For some reason this week I missed him more than usual, maybe cuz he left a day earlier, and they've been sticking him on that overnight job so we haven't been able to talk as much. Dont know if it's our cell phone service specifically or the fact that he's in Canada, but he has a hard time getting reception up there, so a lot of times he has to wait til they put him in a hotel room to call from that phone. It's probably just cuz I am hormonally imbalanced LOL. He'll be here for 2 hours and I'll be silently getting cranky for him dropping all his bags and dirty boots in the hallway and walking across my clean floors. (good thing the boys took care of that!) but I will still be glad he's here.....

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    So glad you had a day for YOU. Sounds like the shower was a wonderful event full of friends and family. Above all, that note from Holly is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete