Thursday, March 10, 2011

"These are the Days of our Strifes"

Holly got an American Girl dolls catalog in the mail yesterday, which whenever that comes starts the whoooole discussion again about how much she wants one of those dolls and which one she wants. Well the price on those dolls is up to 100.00 now, which I think is ridiculous. If they want something like that, I always make them earn the money for it. We came up with this plan, if Holly does one chore a day she gets 1.00 a day. this sounded good to her, until she found out it would take 100 DAYS lol. "Really, mom. That is way too long. I am not doing that." (She has a pretty good pre-teen voice already haha.) We will see how bad she wants that doll. Eric has actually bought a lot of his stuff with his own money (he even bought me an orange hair dryer for christmas :p ) he gets paid from the landlord for shoveling snow and taking care of the dog, and the big joke this winter was he was going to save his money and buy one of those mini-snowblowers. (We talked him out of it.) I am trying to convince him to save his money and buy himself a laptop, he's probably about halfway to a semi-decent one.
          Tomorrow is one of those wierd schedule days where Eric and Holly have off of school but Jake still has to go. I hope they sleep in, as last night I hardly slept at ALL, and I looked like a walking zombie all day today. It sounds terrible to say, but I never sleep good when Adam is home! He is such a freakin bed hog, his legs are so long, he sleeps at a wierd angle, and I get shoved into this little triangle of mattress hanging halfway off the side of the bed. Im sure it's no better for him, he is used to having that squeaky bed in the manshack full of taco bell wrappers all to himself. Last night he came home because he was 10 guys out (on the list, you get called to work when you are number 1,  if he is 7 or more it usually means he wont go to work for a day or two.), was all happy went out to dinner with friends.....and then by midnight he was all of a sudden number 2 for some reason, so he was freakin out laying in bed waiting for the phone to ring. (A 2 hour call does not work too well when you are 2 and a half hours away, he usually liked to get back to the UP when he is number 3 on the list.) NEITHER of us slept hardly all night, and I ended up sleeping the afternoon away after I took jake to school. nonproductive day!!!!!!!oh well. He's kindof stuck now on trying for a job position that's open in Neenah. I think it would be great, but it would mean he could also be forced to work sometimes out of Fondulac and Stevens Point. And I think he's getting attached to that man shack and his little local watering holes that he's found in the UP. Even if he gets transferred out of Gladstone, I think we would still go back and visit a lot.  It's an unbelievably gorgeous area, and we always talked about looking for a hunk of land up north somewhere for a getaway spot, and it's dirt cheap up there. Nothing but Yoopers and bears. (aggghhhh, I was not scared of bears until I read that there are 19 THOUSAND black bears in the UP!)
              The kids are soooo excited that their two little friends are coming to stay overnight tomorrow night. Holly has actually kept her room clean for an entire week in anticipation of their arrival. The friends live with their mom in another city and only visit their dad eowkend so we haven't seen much of them this winter. The only bad part is that Holly and her little girlfriend get SO ridiculously hyper when they are together, bouncing off the walls hyper. It's a lot easier to have them here in the summer when I can take them all out to the nature center for the afternoon and run them ragged. I'm sure we will have other neighbor kids in and out like usual also,  but I figure let them have their friends over now because once May hits our house is gonna be off-limits to kids running in and out and slamming doors for awhile. Thank god warm weather is coming! In the summer the kids are mostly not allowed to have their friends in the house during the day unless it's raining, there is just too many of them and then the kids "feed" the neighborhood everything in the cupboards the second I turn around.  Also there is enough stuff to do outside that they don't need to be playing video games, watching tv etc.(We are not much of tv watchers anyway, the kids only watch movies, and the only tv with network television is in our room.)
              I can't believe Mabel will be here in 8 weeks or LESS.  I keep going in her room and looking at that crib. Where did that time go? It's been so long since Jake was a baby that I'm afraid I've forgotten how to do everything. And it's been just EJH for so long, I can't imagine what it's going to be like adding another person to our family. Another thing I keep doing, is when we go out to eat or to do something I find myself counting "spots", like damn, when we go out for Chinese, we're going to need the "big" table lol. When we go somewhere to eat in a booth, we always put 2 on each side, and Jake sits in a chair at the end.  I am only going to have room for one extra kid (when adam is with) in my suburban! And you cannot get any bigger than a Suburban. I remember about a month after we got the truck and Jake was born, Eric said, "Mom, I think we need a bigger truck", and I said, "Eric, the only thing bigger than this truck is a bus...."....

No comments:

Post a Comment