Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mabel is here!

Well I didnt abandon my blog, but I've been a little busy.....
Monday night we had a baby girl named Allissa Rose. As she lays next to me here on the bed trying to eat her hands and watching me through her sleepy little eyes, I seriously do not know how she even fit in my belly, or how the heck i got her out.
  She's not little, that's for darn sure! 9 lbs 8 oz, 21 inches. 9 1/2 hours of labor which was really quite easy and tolerable until the end when she gave us what shall forever be known as The Most Frightening Ten Minutes of Our Lives.  Without going into graphic details, I will just say that I am so grateful that I had a doctor with a cool head and clear, quick, thinking. Alli and I both came out of it much, much better than we really should have. There is not much more scary than watching your new baby laying on the table not moving her arms. She had to have her shoulders x-rayed to check for a broken collar bone (negative-thank god~), and she had a lot of scratches and bruises, but even a couple days later she is doing much better and I am sllloooowly getting there. (so much for good hospital pictures though, sheesh I saw only a few I let adam take and I look like death.)  She is  a pretty good sleeper, sometimes 3-4 hours at a time, and nurses like a champ.
       The kids are having mixed reactions I think. Eric at the hospital he wasnt too interested, but tonight when he came in the house, he kindof touched her head and he said a couple times "She's cute, she's got a lot of hair". (I can see the wheels in his head turning, even though he doesn't say it. Call me a wimp,  but we never really had that "where do babies come from" conversation). Jake was pretty upset the first night he came up to the hospital, but I think it had more to do with seeing me in the hospital bed looking roughed up. Tonight he came into our room upstairs "where's Allissa?" and he stood next to her little bed watching her sleep for a long time. Holly of course, is ecstatic. She came into that hospital room with the biggest grin on her face you have ever seen. Right away today after school she asked to hold her and she said "Now I won't have to play with boys anymore". (Well it's gonna be awhile til Alli can play lol. And by that time Holly will prolly WANT to play with boys-yikes!)
       Adam did the superawesomest job ever this afternoon corralling the kids and cleaning up the house and making supper, getting them all ready for bed etc so I could rest.  He looked soooo tired by about 8:30, I bet he will be ready to go back to work in a week lol. (I'm pretty sure he realizes now how absolutely horribly I felt trying to do all that the last 2-3 weeks when I could hardly move.) I think in a week or two when we get some new routines down, we'll be fine. It was kindof a wierd feeling to have them all home. Like hello, we have FOUR kids?!  (And by the way, that'll do folks. Even dr agreed four is a good number and no more are recommended.) It's kindof a bittersweet feeling looking at her and knowing for sure this is the last time we will ever have these "new baby" moments,  I cant wait for all the firsts that the next few weeks will bring!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment