Saturday, April 23, 2011

oh boy....

Well we had a false alarm the other night...sortof. I hate that they call it "false" labor, because when you are having contractions every 3-5 minutes for hours at a time, it's definitely real- really hurts and really sucks! They sent us home from the hospital about 3 am, still with contractions 5 minutes apart and in definite pain. Adam was pissed that they sent me home, but the sucky part was as bad as the contx were, it became apparent after a little while that no Mabel was coming out that night...
         We ended up spending almost 3 hours in the doctor's office the next day while they did a stress test, checked the amnio fluid levels, etc, to make sure everything was okay.  The good thing that came out of it was that I got to have an extra ultrasound-yay! I've never had one so close to the end before, and it was amazing- what a great sneak peak! She looks a lot like Holly's newborn baby pictures, and her little fist was in front of her face. We kept waiting for her to give us the finger-haha she will fit right in with the other three who just learned that whole naughty finger business lol. Poor thing her head is so far down now it was squashed right in there :p The not-so-good thing is that according to this u/s, which I know can be off by a lot either way, this little girl is a whopping 9 POUNDS already. The tech did point out "look at her little chub rolls, she has a big belly". Yikes. Double yikes. That was last week at only 37.5 weeks.  Jake had a huge belly when he was born, and he was 8 lbs 15 oz. We have another doctor's appt this week on thursday, could be an interesting one. I am scheduled to be induced on May 2nd if she doesn't come out on her own before that.  And here this entire time I thought she was going to be the smallest one. My guess is she will not come out much over 9 lbs, even with the u/s because I have never measured even two weeks ahead. 9 lbs I can handle. 10-11 lbs um yeah....I'll take the c-section if they're handing them out! (Watch they are prolly TOTALLY wrong and she'll come out 7 lbs. can tiny babies have big bellies?!) I got a few outfits at Old Navy for her this morning and now I find myself skipping right over the newborn clothes and going to 3 months, Holly might be using all those newborn diapers for her dolls...
         Those two days were so exhausting, the kids were gone, I felt soooo bad for sending them away 2 nights in a row but I really needed the down time. (Overdoing it much? That was what caused the whole false alarm I think. way too much stress and trying to corral kids, deal with adam's changing job hours, etc.)  I think we pretty much stayed in bed watching tv the entire first day, and then he drove me around town so I could get a few easter errands done, we had a nice lunch at Red Lobster, got some movies, and back to bed....I know Adam was just as exhausted, he drove home from work that night to take me to the hospital, so hadn't gotten any sleep either, smacked the side of his face with a door (I didn't punch him, I swear!) drove home like 85 mph even though I told him to not be a maniac. It was just a really long couple days. After the kids left on thursday and I went up to my room to lay down, Jake had left his build-a-bear on my pillow on my side of the bed for me to sleep with. Awww, talk about a tear-jerker! 
        Easter tomorrow. The kids already had 2 easter egg hunts in the backyard this afternoon. Empty eggs with nothing in them lol. They will do it ten times over and over, running around the yard seeing who can get the most eggs. In the morning they will have to search high and low for their easter baskets (hey that bunny isn't gonna make it easy!) Jake thinks that the easter bunny "borrows" Santas cameras to spy on them through the windows :p In the afternoon tomorrow gramma will have a big easter egg hunt at her house for all the great grandkids. She really goes all out, all the eggs have a number on them, and then you get to match up your numbers for a prize when all the eggs are collected. The problem this year is that she always has this "golden egg" worth 5.00 and alllllll of the kids have been plotting for weeks who is going to find that golden egg. last year holly found it, well cousin was pissed when he found out someone gave her a hint, but I think if I remember last year the other kids had a lot more eggs than she did.  I hope it doesn't turn into a bloodbath lol. I tried to convince all three of them they should let the 2 yr old cousin find it, but they're not having any of that.
      The "kid that doesn't go home" has also been back this week. Sigh. I guess none of that police reporting the other night did any damn good.  He was here today again from 12:30 til 8 o clock and no one even came looking for him, like usual. I think he's scared of me now.  It really still bugs me the way that cop was like asking him "Are you being respectful? Do you listen when you're over here?"  The kid never misbehaves, that isn't the problem. The problem is that I AM NOT HIS PARENT!? I am not his babysitter, I am not responsible for him in any way.  But I do feel sorry for him, like everyone else in the neighborhood does.  I decided if that "I'm locked out, I can't go home" stuff happens again, I am just going to take him to the police station and let them deal with his mother that way.....
        

No comments:

Post a Comment