Friday, May 13, 2011

Just some thoughts...

Got my mother's day card from Jake a few days late since it was left in his backpack. I love love love those "fill in the blank" cards.  It read something like this: My mom likes to eat candy and sierra mist. My mom's eyes are blue (haha they're brown) My mom's favorite show is Cast Out (I think he meant Castle lol.) My Mom likes to cook french toast. (I don't think I have ever made french toast) My mom is 14 years old. Really?!
         It was a busy week trying to get into the swing of some kind of "normal" again. Honestly the baby is not even the one who is all the work. (I swear easiest newborn baby EVER.) It is the other three. And what is with all the teachers, etc, trying to cram As Much As Possible into the last month of school?! We are overrun with school projects, after school activities, field trips and birthday snacks (since all three have summer birthdays- yup you guessed it, three half birthday snacks coming up. Well I will be cheating and buying something premade this year, sorry kids.)
       Today to top it all off, the bad thing Adam and I sortof guessed was coming happened. Bill the Bluegill finally kicked the bucket. Poor fish. He hadn't been looking too good lately. He was five years old, pretty good for a fish that came home all the way from Winneconne in a plastic sand pail. (I don't know how he ever made it. I thought for sure that day by the time I got home he would have hopped out and been laying in the trunk baking in the sun.) He was about 3 inches long the day we brought him home and today when Adam took him out of the tank to "preserve" him (we're going to hang him on the wall) he's got to be pretty darn close to 10 inches? Eric was hysterically upset, but he might have been overdoing it a little just so he could go to grammas house....then again, he pretty much reacted the same way when the guinea pig died. Sucks, but its a part of life I guess.
         Alli has been all over with us this week, seriously it's almost too easy. I hope she doesn't make it up to us by putting us through hell when she is teething. As long as she eats before we start our running around, she is happy being hauled around for a  good couple hours. She only cries when she is hungry or when you change her clothes, or maybe when she needs a little snuggly time, and then she will lay down on your chest and sleep forever- what a sweetie. I already want her to stay this little forever. One day this week I sat in the recliner with her on me all afternoon just because I could. The other kids were gone, no one there to bug us, no place to go. Figured I better enjoy the peace and quiet now, cuz the kids only have about 3 weeks of school left and then no more peace and quiet for 3 months. She is such a contrast to Holly- who was an extremely demanding baby. Holly needed to be held all the time, she was soooo fussy, even as a toddler she was demanding. Anyone in the family can tell you how she used to point when she wanted something and say "BUH!" I can remember the nurses bringing holly down from the nursery in the hospital and I could hear her from all the way down the hall. "Yep, that one is mine. The loud one"...
         Adam really wanted me to go see some band tonight with him but I am not ready to leave her yet. It might be because of the whole traumatic birth thing, but I have the slight overprotective thing going on in tandem with the "guilty mom" complex about how much the other kids have gotten shuffled around in the last couple weeks. I never like asking anyone to watch them more than once a week, and none of them have really ever had a babysitter out of the family. Yeah, it would be nice to have more help, it would be nice to get out more but they're MY kids. If I really wanted to spend every single weekend sitting in bars I prolly wouldnt have had them!
        This weekend is Kaukauna city-wide rummage sales, we will be hitting those bright and early, and sunday is holly's dance recital. We have a garden to plant and a lawn to mow (well that would be easier if we had a stinkin lawnmower) and three kids who need to clean their rooms. And really all I wanna do is leave it all and pile the kids in the 'Verban and drive away somewhere nice and sunshiney and next a lake. Whitefish Dunes, anyone? Cant wait for summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment