Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hmm I put Alli in the Snugli my wonderful friend has borrowed to me (this thing is great- WHY did I not have one with my three other kids?~) so I could get some stuff done, and now she is sleeping like a little angel but I cant figure out how to get her out without waking her up. Good time for a blog update :)
        The other night I took the kids to Fazolis for the Tuesday night kids night- we havent done that in forever. I sat at the table and watched as they went over and did their coloring projects, and gosh they all seemed so BIG suddenly. We used to do the kids night every week without fail when Eric was little. Back then it was just him and me, bombing around town in the little black s-10 truck, and now all of a sudden there are four of them and one of me....Well it seems to be working so far. I definitely got off track with keeping after them getting stuff done, with some issues of their behavior, etc, for the last month or two of being pregnant, and it's taking awhile to get everything in order again, but I think I'm getting there. The other day Holly and Jake were not listening about doing something and I said "watch it, I can move a lot faster now that I'm not pregnant" haha.
          It's been an interesting week:
          Jake apparently decided he did not want a mohawk anymore, so he tried to cut it off. Right down to the scalp, too. Adam buzzed off the rest of his hair and tried to make it look normal, but it's gonna be awhile before he doesn't have white spots in the front of his hair....Damn, it's amazing how
         a) no one can ever find a scissors (and we bought a TEN PACK 2 months ago and they're all MIA) but a kid who wants to cut their own hair always manages to scrape one up.  and
         b) you never notice your kid cut their hair until you find the hair, even though they did it like 8 hours ago. "Oh yeah he DOES have a bald spot"....
         For the record, I did cut brian's hair once when we were little. I was smart enough not to cut my own, and I was smart enough to make him lay on a little toy ironing board with a paper bag underneath while I sheared it off :)
         Ah yes and then last night Eric caught Jake peeing downstairs on a pile of clean clothes in his closet?! I was sooooo mad that tonight when they came in the house Jake had to "do" his own laundry.  He lost his good kid status for a few days!
        Holly has been sooooo out of sorts all week, if she was not only almost 7  I would swear she had PMS. I think it's just time for school to be done and summer to start, and I think she's kindof bummed cuz she knows she's not going to see any of her 5k friends in school next year, but holy man, what a little grouch. Two mornings Adam took the kids to school and he said she refused to get out of the truck. Thats really not like her, she usually loves school and they are doing lots of fun end of the year stuff so Im not sure what her problem is.
        I painted a wall in the living room. Yup, a whole wall. And I got it done before I gave up, I hung stuff on it, and it looks GOOD.  Adam came home and i was sitting with Alli in the chair admiring my one blue wall. Literally watching paint dry haha. Im not much of a decorator, and I HATE painting, but it was a tiny project and it ended good....until I picked up the drop cloth and paint had soaked through onto the carpet. Sigh. Shampooing carpets between "baby sleeps" at 10 pm.
       We switched Alli totally over to formula this week, which I was kindof dissapointed in myself for giving up the nursing thing, but it just doesn't work for me, I am on the go way too much. Kudos to all those moms who do it for months and months at a time, it's rewarding but a lot of work! We gave it a good try for 3 weeks, which was longer than I made it with any of the other kids. As much as I loved spending those entire afternoons sitting in the chair with her, (she was turning into a "snacker"  lol. 10 minutes, go to sleep, wake up for 10 more minutes, sleep some more haha. feeding her was taking me forever.) things get out of hand in the rest of the house when Im not there to lay the smack down on the other three, and also
I guess it would be different if I was a stay at home mom who actually stayed home most of the day. Good thing she is a good little traveler cuz she gets stuck running errands with me most afternoons while the kids are in school. The sucky part is that she kindof reverted to waking up more at night now, where before she was sleeping 4-5 hours at a time, now it's awake every 2 1/2 hours on the nose it seems like. Regarding buying formula: OMG expensive! Thank god for all the people who passed their freebie sample cans and formula coupons over this way!   
       Not sure about the plans for the big memorial wkend, we're supposed to go camping but it's looking like rain, and I promised the kids a trip to the zoo that was already delayed by bad weather once.  (Aww Mabels first trip to the zoo! Sunday we will be heading to B-town for a bridal shower, and the neighbors always have a big party on memorial monday. fun but busy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment