Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This bun is cooked

grrrrr I am still knocked up.
I know technically I'm not even 37 weeks until sunday, but I'm sure when I go to the doctor tomorrow she's going to measure me at least at 38-39, so I think it's time for Mabel to make her exit, cuz she's putting me through pregnancy hell, and I swear Adam gets up in the morning and gives me this accusing look, like "Are you going to have this kid today or what?" Omg like I'm keeping her in there on purpose! like I LIKE peeing 47 times a day and feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack from walking up one flight of stairs, and laying in bed all night with killer contractions every 10 minutes (that is the WORST- you lay there thinking  "is this it or what? and when you wake up 5 miserable hours later she's still in there...) Perhaps she is waiting for friday, which is grandpa's birthday.....
Jake really wanted to go to Memorial Park today since we haven't been there in forever with all the construction going on, so we went for an hour before he had to go to school. (After my CVS pharmacy run- that place is a hidden gem! laundry soap for 99cents today, who cares if the coupon was in spanish...) He was really excited to see they put in a new walking bridge, but man that walk down the loooooong path was almost the end for me. While he was getting back in the truck, I saw for the first time that he has little sprinkly brown freckles on his nose :) amazing the things that go unnoticed every day when you sometimes forget to look. After school today I let Eric go to the skatepark with his friend since he's been on good behavior status, and he bought me a get well soon card with a big dog on it from Walgreens lol. Gosh I have great kids! And I must look really terrible, because also the lady at the bank this afternoon asked me if I was "in pain".
            We got word yesterday that Adam got a bid for the job in Stevens Point. I guess he gave up the manshack just in time. It will mean more driving (ugh- and the price of gas is killer right now.) but at least he can stay home until work calls and still make it there in time. We've been through that driving thing before, he used to drive to Horicon every day. good thing I didn't give in and let him pack us all up to move to Gladstone :)  It's always an adjustment when he's gone a lot and all of a sudden here all the time again, so especially throwing a new baby into the mix, I think the next few weeks around here are going to get pretty interesting.  All of a sudden there's a ton of stuff going on- his job transfer, Easter, the kids after school activities and field trips. I don't know how I'm every going to keep track of it all.
 Funny story: every single year I swear Adam loses his boat/trailer keys right around the time he wants to start taking the boat out to go fishing and every single year he gets sooo mad and accuses the kids of touching the keys (that have theoretically been missing since last winter). this was today. all hyped up to go fishing and can't find his keys, tearing the house apart, ends up cutting the lock off (again).  (Adam I write it with love haha! The Green Hornet strikes again.)  I bet he put them in a safe place and will find them again in november....

No comments:

Post a Comment