Friday, April 1, 2011

Free is a good thing, kid.

Whoo-hoo all the free samples  I just signed up for are starting to roll in. Eric opened up the mailbox today and he's like "Mom, WHAT did you order now?"  25.00 worth of swiffer/mr. clean/febreeze coupons, 4 free diapers (okay they're size 5 and Mabel wont wear them for 2 years but whatev! free!), and a tiny cute mini make-up bag from Target with shampoo, lipgloss, lotion, etc, and 25.00 worth of Target beauty coupons. I will have to take that with me to the hospital since I actually got THIS from Adam. And I quote, "Are you going to fix yourself up and put on makeup when you go to the hospital so you look good in the pictures?" REALLY.  I haven't decided whether to think this is funny yet or not. I think we have some free popcorn, deodorant, and crackers coming in the next few weeks too lol. I was reading this blog today about these extreme couponers, and this lady got 60 BOXES of pasta for free by using coupons. Really, now that's ridiculous, I wouldn't even go that far, unless you were going to split it with 15-20 other people.
         Holly lost a tooth at school today, one of her top ones. Kindof sucks that Adam isn't here, he was always good at sneaking in the kids' rooms and getting to those teeth under the pillow without waking them up. I always forget or fall asleep, and I'm sneaking around at 5:30 AM trying to do it without waking them! Once the tooth fairy actually had to come back the next night and leave an apology note and twice as many quarters. She still believes in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Leprechauns (LOL~) Easter Bunny....we always tried to make them believe in all that stuff as long as possible, it's a piece of childhood you can't ever get back after you lose that! Unfortunately, she's also the NOSIEST KID EVER. I bought a bunch of stuff for the easter baskets already, and I know she has been in my closet, so now I will have to save it for her birthday and get something else...
         Yesterday I think I went a little crazy with the cleaning streak, I started cleaning carpets and emptying closets, and today when I got up I could not MOVE without being hit by major BH contractions, ugh so annoying and painful! Mabel is definitely on a downward path! Couldn't even walk up to Holly's school, the poor teacher must really think I look pathetic, cuz she just waves and sends Holly down the sidewalk so I don't have to shuffle myself all the way up there.  As much as I would like to convince myself she will be here any day, I know it's going to be a loooong 3 weeks at least, though I doubt it she is gonna make it to my gramma's birthday on May 1st. My guess is April 27th or 29th. (Any guesses anyone?!) This is officially "the throes of misery"....

No comments:

Post a Comment