Saturday, February 26, 2011

These are the days we will remember...

Really bummed to get some sad news yesterday. My great grandma passed away. She was 100 years old, I swear the woman was made of steel. She survived a broken hip in her late 90s, and had a heart attack last year but still made it to her 100th birthday. The kids unfortunately only met her one time, I am so glad to have those pictures. Holly put one of those pics on a family tree at school and told her teacher it was "the oldest lady in the world". At least she is with her husband and son now, and her little dog, Cheeko. I remember clear as day Cheeko being tied to her porch on a yellow rope when I was a kid, and every christmas gramma would bring the rolls and give you an envelope for christmas and your birthday with 5.00 in it. One year my brother got two envelopes and my grandpa got an empty one haha
The kids did a good job of keeping my mind off it though. Conversation at dinner last night was all about what certain foods do for you. I love this. Like for example, one time Jake asked me where ham comes from, and I told him it’s from a pig’s leg. Every single time the kid eats ham, without fail, he says “Mom, I know what part of the pig ham is”, and he points to his thigh. We had an interesting conversation about protein (If I eat my pork chop, will my muscles be bigger than Logans?), what peas are good for, (that one ended as “P” for poop. Nice lol), how milk goes into your bones, and they couldn’t decide if celery was good for anything or not. 
     Eric had decided this weekend he is going to start from the beginning and watch the entire seasons 1 and 2 of our Castle dvds, I guess we have made him a fan lol.  Ha this could keep him chained to the couch most of the wkend, and I really don’t even mind because the kid can never seem to stay in one place very long, just like his dad. He has to go to the shop, has to call grandma to pick him up, has to go search out his friend Bradley, wants to ride his bike to the grocery store in the middle of winter to get himself an iced tea. And this is all in one Saturday afternoon. He exhausts me, trying to keep him busy. And yet I try to get him into all kinds of after school activities and he’s not interested in anything yet. “Mom, I just want to ride my bike”.
Holly, on the other hand, she wants to play tee-ball,  soccer, and basketball lol. And Jake, well, that kid just wants to play golf HAHA!  He seriously likes to sit and watch golf on tv on Sundays,  and watching him mini-golf is the funniest thing ever.  He swings his club like he’s taking a long shot on the freeway. 
We might take in a movie at the cheap seats this afternoon. They’ve really wanted to see “Little Fockers” for awhile, but I tried to explain to them that it would probably be better if we waited for it to come out on dvd first so I could watch it. (I know, I know, I don’t know why they can’t just watch Disney movies. They used to be obsessed with Tommy Boy, because they loved the part where the deer comes back to life. Then I heard Holly and Jake having a tea party and Holly said “Now I’ll be Tommy and Jake you can be Richard”, so I had to put a stop to that. Then they were watching "Meet the Fockers" all the time, walking around saying "Snack pack for Little Jack" and "Focker, ouuuuuttt." I think today we will just stick to Yogi Bear! 
Adam called and woke me up bright and early this morning at 6:30 (I think he forgets there's an hour time difference, it was 7:30 there). He is taking the train from Michigan to Green Bay today, sometimes when he's laid over in GB I like to go up there and meet him for dinner, but we'll see how the weather holds out. (And the price of gas, ugh! It's 3.44/gallon in the UP already) Hopefully he will be home tomorrow night and be here for a few days again.

No comments:

Post a Comment