Thursday, October 6, 2011

Love, laughter, and cleaner bathrooms?

Finally I can start blogging again! I'm not going to try and recap the last 3 months because it would take forever. We had a good summer, had at least one decent camping trip in there and a bunch of other fun stuff, and now the kids are back in school. Sans a few homework issues already, they're all doing pretty good.

Today is our 10 year wedding anniversary. It would be nice if my husband was actually here....but he's on another layover job. Hard to believe it's been 10 years. 10 years since high school and college avenue and the big orange truck and the orange "general lee" haha. 10 years since Eric rode down the aisle in that little wagon and his little suit. It's crazy that all our friends are just starting to getting married NOW and we already have 10 years in. In a way it seems like forever, and then again every year is going by faster and faster. I can't say I'm happy with every choice that we've made, but I think things always get a little better than they were before. (two steps forward, one step back?) And the people who know us best know we're both stubborn, and both tough as nails. Somehow we always figure it out...
 I got a really nice compliment from an older lady in the Piggly Wiggly last night when the kids were helping me look for canned saurkraut and busily reading labels. (yukkkk lol) She told me I had a really nice family and she said when we were walking down the aisle we looked like a "unit" haha! Yes we are quite the unit........
       I think i've been reading too many coupon/lifestyle blogs lately, or else I'm just getting old because I feel the need to reorganize everything. Not just our house but our life in general. I feel like we've spent 10 years "this way", and not that there's mostly anything wrong with the way we are, but there's a lot of stuff that gets tossed by the wayside to worry about other things. And in our house it LITERALLY gets tossed, by the front door, in the garage, in the backyard. I live with 3 mini slobs and a tall skinny one. Last week I realized the kids think every week when I get my unemployment check from getting laid off of work, they think IM GETTING PAID TO CLEAN THE HOUSE! so I've decided to make a plan, and start tiny, and see where I can get us in a year from now. It could be interesting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment