Monday, June 13, 2011

Son of a beach!

Ah yes now I remember all the things I dislike about being here with the kids myself all week.

A)adult conversation, even adult arguments lol

B) cooking and eating "grownup" food. I swear I fully intend to teach these kids to eat fish and shrimp by the end of the summer. You can't be a son or daughter of Adam Geurden and not eat fish.

C)worry about dumb tiny things like cutting the lawn, (thank you newfound lawn-mowing 10 yr old son), making sure the garage is closed at night, making sure the ac bucket doesn't overflow on the damn floor, etc. and no one else to catch that stuff if I miss it. (eric prolly would though lol)

D) worrying about other things silently because I don't want to make HIM worry................feeling guilty really because why should I be miserable- he is the one gone from his family 4-5 days at a time.  I guess we got spoiled having him around the last 2 months....

We really did have a nice couple days, on thursday went to visit some friends in Oshkosh so we did the annual "riding of the mini train" for the year at the park, went on a nice long stroll through the woods and came home tired enough to all sleep in til 10 the next morning :) saturday we went to stay at my parents for the night, I went out with a friend to see a movie for a few hours, and then my parents got up with the baby so I got to sleep for 6 1/2 hours STRAIGHT?! wow that was amazing, and greatly appreciated. I haven't gotten to sleep that long at a time I think in at least four months.  The kids really had a blast running around outside with my brother. Holly came home and told the neighbors she went on a go kart that went 100 mph lol. they climbed trees and ran through the mud and eric was "working" on something in the shop with his uncle and came in full of grease, they were in dirt heaven :) We were home for five minutes and there came that goddamn creepy ice cream man. I was really proud of  holly and jake though, they didn't even ask, didn't throw a hissy fit. Just went in and got themselves some fudge pops out of the freezer :)
       Today after spending the morning hauling rummage sale junk, we went to the beach for the first time this year and the kids  had a blast running around with their friends, we came home and cooked a nice supper (eric had a shitfit because I made asian bbq chicken and used boneless thighs- he said they were slimy. really?! ) went for a walk before dark and then off they went to bed which means I should do some excersizing but yeah the hard part seems to be by the time everyone is asleep and I sit down for five minutes I'm too tired to even move, nevertheless get some situps in before Alli wakes up again at 11ish.... and also I'm now one of those lucky people with back problems result of that epidural- blessing and a curse, right?! (I still wouldn't have gone without it though!)
        On a humorous note, I' ve been trying to drill in the fact to the kids that if your laundry doesnt hit the chute or the pile in front of the washer, you're going to be doing your own wash, too bad so sad,right?  Welll.... I guess Jake took matters into his own hands, cuz he went over to gramma's house not wearing any underwear LOL. guess he couldn't find any when he got dressed in the morning so he went commando. How about putting the ones on the floor in the wash, kid?! Sigh. I will keep trying.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment